Friday, July 23, 2010

"The Producers" cast profile: Spencer Reeder

Spencer Reeder trades in her bells for feathers and swastikas in the ensemble of "The Producers"!

GCP Girl:
Tell me about some of your previous shows.
SR: I recently played Tintinabula in GCP's production of "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum." I had bells on my costume, so everyone knew where I was at all times. :) Other roles include Helena from "A Midsummer Night's Dream," Kathy from "Vanities," and The Professor from "Courting 101."

GCP Girl:
What is your actual "day job"?
SR: While I do not currently have a full-time job, I am a student at the University of Florida double majoring in Public Relations and Theatre. I have also been volunteering and doing some intern work with the Marion County School Board.

GCP Girl:
Why did you audition for this show?
SR: Mel Brooks is a master of comedy, and his shows make me laugh so hard, I often get tears in my eyes. Also, I had such a positive experience with everyone at GCP during the run of "Forum" that I had to come back for more.

GCP Girl:
What has been your favorite part of this experience so far?
SR: Getting to know the cast and crew. I feel that everyone's talent and sense of humor brought a new light to "The Producers." There's never been a dull moment or a lack of material for a "That's what she said" joke.

GCP Girl:
What is your favorite number in the show?
SR: "Springtime for Hitler" has been a lot of fun and a good reason to bring out my old tap shoes. However, my favorite number would have to be "I Wanna Be a Producer," as it gives me a greater challenge for my singing and dancing skills.

GCP Girl:
What is your favorite Mel Brooks movie?
SR: "Robin Hood: Men in Tights," hands down. "That's Robin Hood? He looks more like Mark Twain!"

GCP Girl:
What would you tell someone who is considering auditioning for a GCP show?
SR: Go for it! While I am still pretty new to GCP, I have already seen what a great environment it is to learn more about theatre and meet amazing people. I encourage anyone who loves theatre to be a part of it.

GCP Girl:
What does community theatre mean to you?
SR: Community theatre is a place where forward-thinking people can get together with a similar vision and take it to the stage. And of course, as mentioned above, a place for friends to meet and enjoy one another's company.

GCP Girl:
Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
SR: I like it when people call me "Spence." :)

Thanks, "Spence"! Tickets are almost sold out for this weekend!
xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment