Thursday, July 15, 2010

"The Producers" cast profile: Katie Crozier

Katie Crozier plays a bag lady, a showgirl, a stormtrooper and a naughty granny in "The Producers"!

GCP Girl:
Tell me about some of your previous shows.
KC: The last thing I was in at GCP is "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" and played one of the super sexy Geminae courtesans. Before that I was the lecherous Granny, Bertha, in "Pippin" and Peep Bo, one of the three little maids from school, in "Hot Mikado." I premiered on the GCP stage in the ensemble of "Cinderella." I've also served as stage manager for "The Sugarbean Sisters," "Beau Jest," "Leading Ladies" and "Over the River and Through the Woods."

GCP Girl: What is your actual "day job"? 
KC: I am the Event Operations Manager at the NAVC. I am responsible for registration operations and the onsite setup for our big annual conference and our smaller intensive learning program. We provide continuing education for Veterinarians. We also just launched a pretty new website! www.navc.com =D

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for this show? 
KC: I LOVE Mel Brooks and this show in particular. I've wanted to be in this show since I first saw the movie musical at the cinema. 

GCP Girl: What has been your favorite part of this experience so far? 
KC: Well my stock answer to this question stands true, which is "getting to develop new friendships and reinvigorate old ones." But I have also really enjoyed getting to dance so much. 

GCP Girl: What is your favorite number in the show, and why? 
KC: My favorite number that I'm in is "I Want to Be a Producer," 'cause let's face it... getting to come out of a filing cabinet dressed like a showgirl has been a dream since I saw the movie! But my favorite number to listen to is Leannis singing "When you Got It, Flaunt It!"

GCP Girl: What is your favorite Mel Brooks movie? 
KC: "History of the World, Part I." Or "Robin Hood: Men in Tights"....but wait, "Young Frankenstein" and "Spaceballs" are great too.... and of course the movie version of "The Producers"..... let's be honest... I can't pick just one!

GCP Girl: What would you tell someone who is considering auditioning for a GCP show? 
KC: Go for it! And if you're super nervous, come and volunteer backstage first so you can get to know a few people. I find it much less scary to audition when I feel I'm surrounded by friends. Plus, it can't hurt your chances for a role when you're known for being dependable, reliable and great to work with. 

GCP Girl: What does community theatre mean to you? 
KC: Community theatre is my creative safe haven. The place I can come to enjoy singing, dancing, crafting, acting... without the pressure of doing it for a living. It's the environment where I can randomly break out in song and have everyone around me join in to sing the next verse. It's where I made my first friends after moving to Gainesville and the place I will continue to develop friendships for as long as I live here. The GCP is a treasure I cannot live without. 

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know! 
KC: Erin is an amazing director and I have had (and continue to have) an amazing time with this show. 

Thanks, Katie! After the review today, tickets are sure to be scarce, so get yours today at Book Gallery West!
xo xo GCP Girl

1 comment: