Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"The Producers" cast profile: Lola Hassan-Adams

Lola Hassan-Adams makes her last appearance on the GCP stage for a while in the ensemble of "The Producers"!

GCP Girl:
Tell me about some of your previous shows.
LHA: This season I have been privileged enough to be in "Nuncrackers," "To Kill a Mockingbird" and "Funny Money." Previous shows at GCP include "Hello, Dolly!," "Grease," "A Little Night Music," and many more! It's been a fun 10 years to say the least!

GCP Girl: What is your actual "day job"?
LHA: *Ahem* I am the "Senior Secretary for Residential Judicial Programs" in the housing department at UF. Pretty much, I'm a glorified secretary that works with students who get in trouble in the "dorms."

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for this show?
LHA: It's an Erin show, and some of my friends said that "I better", so... why not?

GCP Girl: What has been your favorite part of this experience so far?
LHA: Seeing all the new faces grace the GCP stage!

GCP Girl: What is your favorite number in the show?
LHA: Old lady walker dance for sure. It is just fun to do and the costume is my favorite.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite Mel Brooks movie?
LHA: "Blazing Saddles" all the way...then "Spaceballs" or "Men in Tights."

GCP Girl: What would you tell someone who is considering auditioning for a GCP show?
LHA: DO IT! There is talent in the production teams and casts. It never hurts to get your name and face out there. You won't regret it.

GCP Girl: What does community theatre mean to you?
LHA: My sanity.

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!

LHA: I'M MOVING TO WASHINGTON STATE ON AUGUST 28TH!!!!! I've joined Americore and will be helping kids on the west coast in the public school system. I may even be working in a drama program at the local middle school. How cool is that?!?!?!?

Thanks, Lola! I can't believe this is our last chat for a while! Get to the Vam York and see Lola one last time!
xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment