Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"The Producers" cast profile: Linda Moulton

Let's kick off our second week of "The Producers" coverage with a chat with Linda Moulton, who is spending her summer vacation from Syracuse as a member of the ensemble!

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
LM: I'm a stage management major at Syracuse, so most of my past shows are behind the scenes (either calling the show and organizing rehearsals or just plain run crew duties). But I have been involved in several student-run productions, including "The Vagina Monologues" (Six-Year-Old Girl and Village for those of you who know the show), and two original student pieces, one a "Cabaret on Gay Marriage" where I was a Piccolo Player, Toddler and a Shadow Puppet operator (phew), and an original musical called "Lord 2," where I played a clown who got beheaded (all I have to say for both is: student theatre at its finest). I grew up in Gainesville, though, and my most memorable roles were Caliban in "The Tempest" at Howard Bishop Middle School and Dr. Einstein in "Arsenic and Old Lace" at Eastside High School.

GCP Girl: What is your actual "day job"?
LM: I'm a full time student, but I have been known to do the odd part-time job – ranging from babysitting, selling cookware at Williams-Sonoma, tutoring musical theatre students for their piano class, but my favorite was teaching theatre part-time at a Boys and Girls Club in Syracuse.

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for this show?
LM: I was in town for the summer taking classes at UF and wanted to do something theatr-related, and thought it would be fun to audition.

GCP Girl: What has been your favorite part of this experience so far?
LM: Learning to do a walker dance.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite number in the show?
LM: Either "Guten Tag Hop Glop" or "Keep it Gay" – they just crack me up every time.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite Mel Brooks movie?
LM: Spaceballs.

GCP Girl: What would you tell someone who is considering auditioning for a GCP show?
LM: Just be sure to not get too nervous and have fun.

GCP Girl: What does community theatre mean to you?
LM: It's the same as any other kind of theatre in my mind, hands down.

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
LM: I'm pretty sure I'm the only member of "The Producers" cast that's been to Africa...(please don't judge – I'm really not a snob about it :-p)

Thanks, Linda! "The Producers" resumes tonight – get your tickets now!
xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment