Thursday, July 29, 2010

"The Producers" cast profile: Esteban Alvarez III

Esteban Alvarez III gets his second chance at a dream role this season as Max Bialystock in "The Producers"!

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
EA:
Well, this is my 11th show here at the GCP. I've recently been in "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" and "Nuncrackers."

GCP Girl: What is your actual "day job"?
EA:
I am entering my third year of law school...that is enough of a job for me.

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for this show?
EA: I have wanted to play Max Bialystock since I first heard about "The Producers.' When I heard that Erin was even proposing it...I started freaking out. So, when the opportunity finally arose to audition for one of my dream roles...I had to take it.

GCP Girl: What has been your favorite part of this experience so far?
EA: My favorite experiences from doing GCP shows are always the same...getting to work with talented people. I love being able to meet new and talented people. Also, getting to work with Le and Erin. Erin has, by far, been one of my favorite directors with whom I've worked.

GCP Girl:
What is your favorite number in the show, and why?
EA: I love getting to do "Betrayed" every night. It is so exhausting but a lot of fun. However, my all-time favorite number is "When You Got It"...I love hearing Le belt those notes!

GCP Girl: What is your favorite Mel Brooks movie?
EA: "Young Frankenstein"...although I have not seen "Robin Hood: Men in Tights" yet.

GCP Girl: What would you tell someone who is considering auditioning for a GCP show?
EA: Just go for it! Don't listen to anybody that tells you otherwise. So you can't sing? AUDITION! You might find out you are a great actor or dancer. It is easy to say, "Don't be nervous." But who are we kidding? EVERYONE is nervous up there. I can hardly keep my hand from visibly shaking.

GCP Girl: What does community theatre mean to you?
EA: Community theatre means just that...community. Community theatre is about building relationships and giving back to the community. There is no place for elitist attitudes in community theatre, ha ha.

GCP Girl:
Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
EA: I have yet to see "The Godfather"...

Thanks, Esteban! Only four more chances to see "The Producers" – get your tickets now before they sell out!
xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment