Thursday, July 8, 2010

"The Producers" cast profile: Crystal Thompson

Meet Crystal Thompson, who is making her GCP debut in the ensemble of "The Producers"!

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
CT: None- this is my first one! =)
 
GCP Girl: What is your actual "day job"?
CT: I'm the Supervisor RN for the Pediatric Specialties at the University of Florida Physicians.
 
GCP Girl: Why did you audition for this show?
CT: About a year ago, a friend and I decided to be in a show, and this was the one that worked for our schedules.
 
GCP Girl: What has been your favorite part of this experience so far?
CT: Getting to see the incredible talent that Gainesville has. It has really been amazing to not only see but get to perform with such talented people.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite number in the show?
CT: I have to name just one!?! =) Well, my favorite number that I'm in would be "I Want To Be a Producer" because I get to be a showgirl, and it is the ultimate "theatre role" I've ever dreamed of! But, out of the whole show, I would have to say "Springtime for Hitler" & "Keep It Gay"- they are just over-the-top hilarious and I can't not laugh every time I see them!

GCP Girl: What is your favorite Mel Brooks movie?
CT: This one!!!

GCP Girl: What would you tell someone who is considering auditioning for a GCP show?
CT: Go for it! Just go out there and do your best. Everyone is really gracious and welcoming (especially to newcomers)!

GCP Girl: What does community theatre mean to you?
CT: It provides a place where people like me, who have never had any experience with theatre, can have a creative outlet from their lives and fulfill their dreams.

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
CT: I am so thankful to God, friends and family for the opportunity and support to check this off my "bucket list"!

Thanks, Crystal!  The Preview performance is tonight! Break a leg!
xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment