Saturday, July 10, 2010

"The Producers" cast profile: Molly Knisley

Molly Knisley kicks up her heels as an ensemble member of "The Producers"!

GCP Girl:
Tell me about some of your previous shows.
MK: I did my first community theatre production at High Springs in 2006. Since then I've done multiple shows with Acrosstown ("Monty Python," "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead"), the Star Centre ("The Sound of Music," "Annie") and GCP ("It's a Wonderful Life," "Singin' In The Rain," "Stocking Stuffers").

GCP Girl: What is your actual "day job"?
MK: I am a Family Nurse Practitioner.

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for this show?
MK: I want to dance on stage, also I wanted to work with Erin as a director.

GCP Girl: What has been your favorite part of this experience so far?
MK: Bonding with cast and crew.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite number in the show?
MK: "Along Came Bialy"--dressed up like a Granny and literally kicking up my heels--who could ask for more!!! Also--"Springtime," 'cause I get to tap.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite Mel Brooks movie?
MK: "The Producers" (the original).

GCP Girl: What would you tell someone who is considering auditioning for a GCP show?
MK: Absolutely, Go for it.

GCP Girl: What does community theatre mean to you?
MK: Dance and theatre are my passion. Since I did not pursue either professionally, this is my chance to have it all----career, family and pursuit of my passion.

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
MK: My "Bucket List":
1. Being cast as a dancer in a musical (check)
2. See the Pyramids in Egypt
3. Take a cruise to Antarctica
4. Swim with dolphins
5. Get a role in "Chicago," "Cats," or "Mamma Mia" (My three favorite musicals)
6. Stay in The Plaza Hotel
To be continued...

Thanks, Molly!  Glad we could help you out with No. 1 on your list!
xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment