Thursday, July 21, 2011

"Anything Goes" cast profile: Theresa Hanson

Theresa Hanson has a "heavenly" experience in "Anything Goes"!

GCP Girl:
Tell me a bit about your character.
TH: I am playing one of Reno's angels - "Chastity." Chastity is one of four not-so-innocent showgirls who sing/dance back-up for nightclub singer Reno Sweeney (Leannis Maxwell).

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows (either here or at another theater).
TH: I was last in "Peter Pan" at GCP, which was a blast!

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "Anything Goes"?
TH: I wanted some stage time this summer and to get into the GCP crowd again - they're a load of fun.

GCP Girl:
What is your favorite musical number or scene in the show?
TH: That would probably be "Blow Gabriel," primarily because of the dancing, but also because I think it's quite a humorous little number because the passengers on the ship are confessing their sins and attempting to "purge their souls" and "see the light" when the number is complete with raunchy costumes, jazzy music, sultry dancing and much more sinful activity. It's fantastic.

GCP Girl: What has been your favorite part of this experience so far?
TH: The performances!

GCP Girl: If you could play any character or perform any song other than the one you are performing, which would it be and why?
TH: I would love to be Erma in "Buddy Beware" - lots of dance and flirting with sailors. My kind of thing.

GCP Girl: Why should people see "Anything Goes"?
TH: This musical puts everything in a carefree, humorous light and (hopefully) will make the audience completely forget any troubles they may have. Also, all the leads in the show are outrageously talented, and that makes for an enjoyable night no matter what.

GCP Girl: Which musical(s) would you like to see GCP produce in coming seasons?
TH: I am a crazy fan of "Sweeney Todd," so certainly that. Any Stephen Sondheim musical, really.

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
TH: I have never had so many costumes in one show! :O And, of course, EVERYONE should see the show. It's just purely joyful and fun.

Thanks, Theresa!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment