Saturday, July 16, 2011

"Anything Goes" cast profile: Beverly Turner


Beverly Turner fulfills a lifelong dream of being on stage in "Anything Goes"!

GCP Girl:
Tell me a bit about your character.
BT: I play the Old Lady in the Wheelchair, Marjorie, cruising with my daughter and granddaughter.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
BT: Very first time in a play!

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "Anything Goes"?
BT: Doing so was on my "bucket list." I have always loved theater and wanted to try acting. I also love the music in this show!

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number or scene in the show?
BT: This is a tough one! I think the one that sticks in my head the most is "Delovely."

GCP Girl: What has been your favorite part of this experience so far?
BT: Just watching how the show is put together and how talented everyone is.

GCP Girl: If you could play any character or perform any song other than the one you are performing, which would it be and why?
BT: I think the most fun charactor is Irma and love how she does "Buddy Beware."

GCP Girl: Why should people see "Anything Goes"?
BT: This show is so full of fun and laughter, I think everyone will enjoy it.

GCP Girl: Which musical(s) would you like to see GCP produce in coming seasons?
BT: My favorite musical is "Phantom of the Opera."

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
BT: I want everyone to know that you need to try things you want to do, no matter how silly you may feel. I auditioned knowing that I didn't have a chance, but ended up having the experience of my life! Dare to follow your dreams!

Thanks, Beverly! I couldn't agree more!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment