Friday, July 8, 2011

"Anything Goes" cast profile: Ken Foote

GCP veteran Ken Foote returns to the Vam York to sail the high seas as Lord Evelyn Oakley in "Anything Goes"!

GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character.
KF: I play Lord Evelyn Oakley, who is engaged to be married to Hope Harcourt. He's a nice guy but he's a little naïve, so that’s where most of his humor comes from.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
KF: It's been about three years since I've performed in a show. My last show was "See How They Run" at GCP.

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "Anything Goes"?
KF: I was looking to have some fun this summer. The show process is tiring but fun at the same time and I’ve enjoyed this experience.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number or scene in the show?
KF: "Gypsy in Me." It's my big number and I've never had a solo number in a musical at GCP. I'm not really much of a singer so it's fun to get out there and give it a shot.

GCP Girl: What has been your favorite part of this experience so far?
KF: Getting to know the rest of the cast. This is a great cast and everyone really seems to be enjoying the show.

GCP Girl: If you could play any character or perform any song other than the one you are performing, which would it be and why?
KF: That's difficult to say. I'm really happy with this part and I don't think I would be suited for any other part. If I had to choose something I would say I would want to be the Purser. There’s a lot there to that part and Bradley has been doing a great job with it.

GCP Girl: Why should people see "Anything Goes"?
KF: It's a fun show with some catchy tunes that people will certainly enjoy.

GCP Girl: Which musical(s) would you like to see GCP produce in coming seasons?
KF: I'm not much of a musical guy, but I would love to see them put up "Noises Off."

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
KF: I can honestly say that I'm terrified going into this show. I haven't sung a solo since high school and I'm a little freaked out. I’m just going to do my best and hopefully everyone will enjoy my performance.

Methinks Mr. Ken is a little modest - we all know he's great! (And despite the profile pics, he is not actually a fuzzy blue Muppet.) Catch the opening weekend of "Anything Goes" and find out for yourself!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment