Wednesday, July 20, 2011

"Anything Goes" cast profile: Gerri Sterne

Gerri Sterne takes a repeat voyage on the S.S. American in "Anything Goes"!

GCP Girl:
Tell me a bit about your character.
GS: I am in the chorus, but my self-proclaimed character name is Vera. I am traveling with two friends on the S.S. American.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
GS: This is my first show since high school, where I performed in "All Shook Up" (Mayor Matilda Hyde), "Once Upon a Mattress" (Queen Aggravain), "Little Shop of Horrors," "Sweet Charity," and "Anything Goes."

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "Anything Goes"?
GS: I auditioned for "Anything Goes" because I love the show (I was in it in high school), and I have seen several shows at GCP and it seemed like it would be so much fun to be a part of it.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number or scene in the show?
GS: I love the cabin scenes where Moonface, Erma, and Billy plot to steal Elisha Whitney's glasses and avoid suspicion from the Captain. I think it is possibly the funniest part of the show.

GCP Girl: What has been your favorite part of this experience so far?
GS: My favorite part of this experience has been spending time with the cast. The cast has made rehearsal so fun, even when there was a lot of work to be done.

GCP Girl: If you could play any character or perform any song other than the one you are performing, which would it be and why?
GS: I would want to perform "Buddy Beware." I think it is the most adorable number in the show.

GCP Girl: Why should people see "Anything Goes"?
GS: People should see "Anything Goes" because it so much fun to watch. It is a classic show, with familiar Cole Porter music, but Susan has added so many cute bits and made an already funny show funnier.

GCP Girl: Which musical(s) would you like to see GCP produce in coming seasons?
GS: I would really like to see more shows like "25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee." I loved that it was a small musical that was light and silly.

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
GS: It has been such a privilege to be a part of this show and the family that is GCP. I am so proud of everyone who has worked his or her butt off to make this show happen. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Thanks, Gerri! Week 3 of "Anything Goes" begins tonight, and shows have been selling out, so get your tickets now!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment