Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"Anything Goes" cast profile: Kelley Addis

Kelley Addis takes her character on a memorable journey in "Anything Goes"!

GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character.
KA: I am a part of the chorus. My character name is Prudence Hearst. She's a well-to-do socialite, and her family has sent her and her sister off on a cruise to have them see Europe (it's actually to get them out of the house to re-work her and her sister, Constance, out of the will, but they don't know that). She starts off pretty uptight but starts to see how much fun the Angels and Reno are having and wants that life. Prudence gets to a point to where she's having so much fun, she overindulges and well...you can kind of guess the rest.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
KA: "Anything Goes" is the fourth show I have done at the GCP. I was previously seen in "The Wiz" as Evilene, "The Producers" as Hold Me, Touch Me/Shirley Markowitz/Tap Dancing Nazi, and "Forum" as Domina. This past spring I was also in "The Commedia Tales of King Arthur" for Thomas Center Theater for Young Audiences as Columbine/Guenevere/Sir Kay. Before all of this, I lived in Chicago, where I worked professionally as an actor. I performed in "Tony N' Tina's Wedding" as Tina/Connie/Donna/Sr. Terry/Loretta/DJ Monty (we switched characters every night), "Guys and Dolls" as Miss Adelaide, a couple of murder mysteries, improv shows, children's shows, shows where you hike out in the woods, even a couple of movies and TV, most notably as an extra for "Spiderman II" and "The Break Up," and a detective on an episode of "Animal Witness" for Animal Planet.

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "Anything Goes"?
KA: To be honest, I needed something to do for the summer! I have to be doing shows all the time and this was the next one up, so there ya go!

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number or scene in the show?
KA: "Friendship" by far. Thomas, Leannis and Steven all look like they're having a blast, not only through the whole show but particularly that number! It's the one that gets stuck in my head at the end of the night.

GCP Girl: What has been your favorite part of this experience so far?
KA: My favorite experience for any GCP show is always the backstage area. Everyone has been so awesome and fun to hang out with, trade tales, jam out to music, laughing...the list goes on and on.

GCP Girl: If you could play any character or perform any song other than the one you are performing, which would it be and why?
KA: Sir Evelyn! He's just so lovable and funny, although I don't think anyone could do it like Ken. Ken is amazing in that part!

GCP Girl: Why should people see "Anything Goes"?
KA: It's just a good time all around. A very epic show, to quote Thomas Sanders, with catchy, recognizable music and a really funny script. It's a farce with a musical wrapped around it!

GCP Girl: Which musical(s) would you like to see GCP produce in coming seasons?
KA: Well, my favorite musical has always been "Jesus Christ Superstar"! That and/or "Sweeney Todd" would be fantastic!

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
KA: I also work as a massage therapist during the day and love to give shoulder rubs, as many cast members have figured out by now. I work at Chiropractic Solutions, which is an amazing place to work. Stop on by and get adjusted, massaged and just feel good about your body, then come see the show and feel good emotionally!

Thanks, Kelley! This is your final week to see "Anything Goes," so run to the box office!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment