Tuesday, July 19, 2011

"Anything Goes" cast profile: Erin Kleim

Erin Kleim vamps it up as gangster moll Erma in "Anything Goes"!

GCP Girl:
Tell me a bit about your character.
EK: I get to play Erma, the gangster's moll. Erma is a hoot! She is not the brightest bulb in the tanning bed but she tries really hard. What she lacks in smarts she makes up for with masterful manipulation and tiny amounts of clothing.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
EK: The last show I was in at the GCP was "GI Holiday Jukebox." I also keep myself fairly busy behind the scenes with props, sets, and directing. Shameless plug: COME SEE "RENT"!!

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "Anything Goes"?
EK: A couple of reasons. I had a lot of fun in Susan's last show, "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers," so I wanted to recreate that. I was also pretty excited at the thought of being able to be ON stage with my bestie. (We have worked together in every other capacity.) The rides to and from rehearsal were some of my favorite moments.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number or scene in the show?
EK: Tough one- they are all great. Favorite one to watch is "You're the Top." It just looks so deliciously funny and silly. Favorite one to be in I guess would obviously be 'Buddy Beware." I keep eating Whoppers every day just to see if the boys have a weight limit.....

GCP Girl: What has been your favorite part of this experience so far?
EK: Meeting new folks is always a good part, dance rehearsals, set construction, making the life preservers, the list goes on. I always enjoy all aspects of a show- from start to finish.

GCP Girl: If you could play any character or perform any song other than the one you are performing, which would it be and why?
EK: I love Erma so much that it would be tough to pick another. If I were a boy... (I just broke into a Beyonce song) I would LOVE to have a hand at Evelyn. I could never match Ken.... but I'd like to try.

GCP Girl: Why should people see "Anything Goes"?
EK: Because they will laugh, they will hum the songs, they will be dazzled by the beautiful costumes, they will love the dancing, and they will leave the theater feeling happier than when they entered.

GCP Girl: Which musical(s) would you like to see GCP produce in coming seasons?
EK: "Chicago," "Chicago," "Chicago," "Chicago," "Chicago," "Chicago," "Chicago," "Chicago," "Chicago," "Chicago," "Chicago," "Chicago," "Mamma Mia!", "Chicago"...

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
EK: I am pretty conservative, I am not this scantily clad in real life!!!!!!

Thanks, Erin!

xo xo GCP Girl

1 comment:

  1. We read you loud and clear, Erin. You want to stage Mamma Mia!

    ReplyDelete