Thursday, July 23, 2009

"Peter Pan" Crew Profile: Katie Keena


"Peter Pan" Co-Stage Manager Katie Keena bids farewell to the GCP...at least for now...

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows at GCP.
KK: I've stage managed 5 different productions for GCP, and stage crewed on and off for the last 3 years. I'm one of the first people called when a crew member has to take a night off and they need a fill-in.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite fairy tale or children's story and why?
KK: I think my favorite story is "Beauty and the Beast." I love good love stories..and that's one of the best. It is still my favorite show at GCP.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite part of the "Peter Pan" story?
KK: I think my "favorite" part is full of mixed feelings. I love when Peter is telling Wendy that "Children know such a lot now. Soon they don't believe in fairies," because it's followed with the audience showing their belief and clapping for Tinker Bell. When I was little I watched the Mary Martin tape a lot and I was never confident enough to not clap for Tinker Bell every time I watched..so I always clapped. I hope that I always believe in fairies.

GCP Girl: Why do you think "Peter Pan" is performed so often around the world?
KK: I think because it has something for everyone. Something everyone can relate to. Either you're older and you relate to Captain Hook being chased by the Croc (time), or you relate to Peter, who never wants to grow up and accept responsibility.

GCP Girl: Tell me something about yourself you would like everyone to know!
KK: This is my last GCP show, at least for a long while. I will be attending Santa Fe College for my last year there and then I'm moving on hopefully to FSU (go Gators) to earn my BA in Theatre.

GCP Girl: What do you hope audiences take away from "Peter Pan"?
KK: I hope they take away an enjoyable night with their kids. I'm not sure how many families are left that just take the time to enjoy their children...and "Peter Pan" is definitely something that both parents and children can enjoy.

GCP Girl: What was/is your vision for bringing this show to life?
KK: Magic. I wanted all the scene changes to reflect the magic of Peter's Flight, and to be smooth and something that GCP hadn't seen before. With the help from the cast I believe that we have achieved this.

Thanks, Katie! And thanks for everything you've done for the GCP over the past few years. We wish you the best!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment