Friday, July 17, 2009

"Peter Pan" Cast Profile: Esteban Alvarez III


For today's profile, I shared a bottle of rum with Esteban Alvarez, who plays the infamous pirate, Noodler!

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows at GCP.
EA: You may remember me from such memorable roles as Inspector Truscott in "Loot," Dr. Neville Craven in "The Secret Garden," Mr. Bumble in "Oliver!," and Cogsworth in "Beauty and the Beast" ... to name a few.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite fairy tale or children's story and why?
EA: I adore "The Little Prince." All of the deep emotional meanings are beautifully crafted to create a piece of literature that is timeless. I'm sure that some of the meanings will change for me as I grow older, and that's the key to a great children's story.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite part of the "Peter Pan" story?
EA: My favorite part is actually when the Darling children return home. It's such a mature and wise decision, I always wonder if I would have been able to make that choice. They had a chance to be truly selfish, and they chose against it. If children can be so wise, then grown-ups have no excuse.

GCP Girl: Why do you think "Peter Pan" is performed so often around the world?
EA: "Peter Pan" is the epitome of magic, fun, and adventure. If that's not a good enough reason to perform the show all over the world ... then I just don't know.

GCP Girl: Tell me something about yourself you would like everyone to know!
EA: Well ... I'm a Virgo, born in the year of the OX ... and my daemon would be an Owl. Although, I suppose I would also like everyone to know how great this experience has been. But mainly that I'm a Virgo, born in the year of the Ox and my daemon would be an Owl.

GCP Girl: What do you hope audiences take away from "Peter Pan"?
EA: I hope the audience is able to just forget their problems for one night and enjoy some magic and fun.

GCP Girl: Other than the character you play, what character in the show is your favorite?
EA: Hmmm ... and I'm not allowed to choose Noodler? He does have a GREAT catchphrase ... "Noodles!" ... I guess Captain Hook is my favorite character. He is so delightfully diabolical. If ... and when ... I become an evil mastermind, I hope to have minions who play instruments and dance around me as I plot. Come to think of it ... why should I have to wait? Dearest, GCP Girl ... would you mind putting the word out that I'm looking into hiring some talented minons? The pay will be satisfactory ... they should be satisfied with nothing!

Thanks, Esteban! I'll look into that for you. ;-) Break a leg tonight!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment