Thursday, July 16, 2009

"Peter Pan" Cast Profile: Audrey McKay


Audrey McKay tells us about her GCP debut as a member of the Henny Penny Indian tribe in "Peter Pan"!

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows at GCP.
AM: This is my first show at GCP, unless you count running the curtain for half the run of "Annie." :)

GCP Girl: What is your favorite fairy tale or children's story and why?
AM: It would be a hard choice between "Sleeping Beauty" and "Peter Pan." I've always liked fairies and magic, so both have that going for them. Growing up, I loved Princess Aurora's name, and what girl doesn't want to be swept off her feet by a handsome prince and learn she's a princess? And the dragon is awesome! As to "Peter Pan," the idea of being able to fly has always fascinated me, and Neverland would be a great place to live.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite part of the "Peter Pan" story?
AM: When the children learn to fly.

GCP Girl: Why do you think "Peter Pan" is performed so often around the world?
AM: It appeals to everyone's inner child and the desire to return to the carefree days full of adventure and with no "grown-up" responsibilities to worry about.

GCP Girl: Tell me something about yourself you would like everyone to know!
AM: I'm ever so slowly trying to put together my photography business, which is my true passion. I love taking pictures, mostly of people. Nothing captures a memory better, and I love that you can capture the real beauty of the things around you in a way that another person may not have seen. I think it's one of the most under-appreciated arts (probably because it's the only one I have any talent at!). So if you ever want to spend an afternoon modeling for a camera, feel free to contact me! :)

GCP Girl: What do you hope audiences take away from "Peter Pan"?
AM: Two hours of escape from their "mundane" life. I hope they get wrapped up in the magic and remember what it was/is like to be a kid again.

GCP Girl: Other than the character you play, what character in the show is your favorite?
AM: Tough question. I don't really have a favorite. Each character has something fun about them. I personally think little Michael is adorable.

Thanks, Audrey! Congrats again to the cast and crew for an outstanding review!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment