Sunday, November 28, 2010

"The Wiz" cast profile: Stephanie Johnson

Stephanie Johnson bids farewell to the GCP and her role as an ensemble dancer in "The Wiz" for a great career opportunity!

GCP Girl:
Tell me about some of your previous shows.
SJ: This is my second show at GCP; this summer I was in the ensemble of "The Producers." I have danced with Dance Alive! since the age of seven in "The Nutcracker," and as a teenager began touring with the company in "The Nutcracker" and many other of their performances. While at FSU getting my BFA in dance, I danced with Tallahassee Ballet. I also did the Disney College Program, where I got to perform in the Disney Dreams Come True Parade as a Bridesmaid.

GCP Girl:
Why did you audition for this show?
SJ: After having an AMAZING time this summer in "The Producers" and meeting some wonderful people, I knew I wanted to do another production at GCP.

GCP Girl:
What has been your favorite part of this experience so far?
SJ: I have enjoyed getting to perform and doing a show with a variety of different roles and dance styles from ballet to hip hop.

GCP Girl:
If you could play any other character in the show, which one would you choose and why?
SJ: This is a hard one. I am not in "Y'all Got It," and that is a really fun dance. I think I would like to be Addaperle, though, because her character gets to have an over-the-top personality. Amei does a great job.

GCP Girl:
If you went to Oz instead of Dorothy, what would be your favorite part of the trip?
SJ: Getting to meet so many different people and characters... and of course dancing with all of them.

GCP Girl:
Why do you think "The Wizard of Oz" is such a popular story with both children and adults?
SJ: I think the "Wizard of Oz" is so popular because it tells a story of friendship and also looking inside to discover who you are.

GCP Girl:
What would you tell someone who is considering auditioning for a GCP show?
SJ: Go for it; you have nothing to lose by auditioning. Go out and do your best and have fun. Remember, each show is different and will be a new experience.

GCP Girl:
Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
SJ: I left yesterday to begin working for Royal Caribbean! I want to thank all of you who have helped make my experience with GCP so wonderful. I have learned lots about theatre and myself. I learned that I really like to spend set hours and making props with great friends, and you can probably never have too much glitter. :) So many of you have been so supportive and great such great friends. I will miss you and please keep in touch. If/when I end up back in Gainesville, I look forward to performing at GCP again.

Thanks, Stephanie! Best of luck to you!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment