Thursday, November 25, 2010

"The Wiz" cast profile: Erik Ramos

Erik Ramos is thankful to be back onstage as an ensemble member in "The Wiz'!

GCP Girl:
Tell me about some of your previous shows.
ER: I've been doing theatre since about fourth grade and have been in about a dozen or so different plays and musicals. My favorites have been "You're A Good Man Charlie Brown," "Fiddler on the Roof," "HONK!," and "High School Musical."

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for this show?
ER: I initially got the idea because one of my best friends was in the cast of the production of "Singin' in the Rain" that GCP did last year and she had nothing but amazing things to say about the experience, so when I moved up here in August, I thought it would be a great way to meet people and to get back on stage again.

GCP Girl:
What has been your favorite part of this experience so far?
ER: My favorite part of the experience has definitely been getting to know and hang out with everybody in the cast! This particular cast has a nice blend of people who have done a bunch of GCP shows, to people like me who are doing one for the first time; and the people who are veterans here have been so welcoming. Everybody is so talented and genuinely nice that it makes going to all the rehearsals and performances something that I really look forward to.

GCP Girl:
If you could play any other character in the show, which one would you choose and why?
ER: I'd probably choose to play the part of the Scarecrow. I really love that character and the song he gets to sing is one of my favorites in the show.

GCP Girl:
If you went to Oz instead of Dorothy, what would be your favorite part of the trip?
ER: I think interacting with all of the different kinds of characters would be my favorite part of a trip to Oz.

GCP Girl:
Why do you think "The Wizard of Oz" is such a popular story with both children and adults?
ER: Because its a classic that encourages people to persevere and open themselves up to all different kinds of people. It's also just one of those stories that always leaves the audience in a good mood.

GCP Girl:
What would you tell someone who is considering auditioning for a GCP show?
ER: I would tell them to go for it! Being a part of this show has been such a great experience for me. Like all auditions it's a little nervewracking at first, but everyone is so supportive and respectful of anyone who is on stage and whether you make it or not, it's still a great way to put yourself out there.

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
ER: That the show is running till the 28th and it would be great if everyone could take the time to come out and see it!

Thanks, Erik! "The Wiz" is back on stage tomorrow night!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment