Wednesday, November 24, 2010

"The Wiz" cast profile: Jack Polefko

Every day is a brand new day for Jack Polefko as an ensemble member in "The Wiz"!

GCP Girl:
Tell me about some of your previous shows.
JP: I began acting two years ago when I played Edgar in "Ragtime" at P.K. Yonge. The past two summers I have participated in the children's summer productions at the High Springs Community Theater. This past summer I was Prince Alexander in "The Spell of Sleeping Beauty." I was last seen at GCP as Jem in "To Kill a Mockingbird."

GCP Girl:
Why did you audition for this show?
JP: I love the atmosphere at GCP and wanted some experience in a musical.

GCP Girl:
What has been your favorite part of this experience so far?
JP: Being on stage with a great cast. They are amazingly talented and funny.

GCP Girl:
If you could play any other character in the show, which one would you choose and why?
JP: I would play the Scarecrow because that character is clumsy and funny. Kevin does a great job dancing and acting as the Scarecrow.

GCP Girl:
If you went to Oz instead of Dorothy, what would be your favorite part of the trip?
JP: My favorite part would be meeting Addaperle because she is hilarious.

GCP Girl:
Why do you think "The Wizard of Oz" is such a popular story with both children and adults?
JP: I think it is so popular with children and adults because it fills people's imagination and teaches valuable lessons.

GCP Girl:
What would you tell someone who is considering auditioning for a GCP show?
JP: I would tell them it's a great experience and they will have a great time no matter what.

GCP Girl:
Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
JP: The whole cast is amazing. I will never forget this experience.

Thanks, Jack! Remember, the theater is dark tonight and tomorrow for Thanksgiving, but "The Wiz" is back on Friday for its final weekend!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment