Monday, November 15, 2010

"The Wiz" cast profile: Natalie Rollan

UF sophomore Natalie Rollan gets back to her community theatre roots as an orchestra singer in "The Wiz"!

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
NR: I've been in more than 20 musical productions since middle school. Some of my favorites include "Little Shop of Horrors," "Aida," "Beauty and the Beast," "Bye Bye Birdie," "The Pajama Game," and "Once on This Island."

GCP Girl:
Why did you audition for this show?
NR: I haven't done theater since I graduated high school (I'm a sophomore at UF now) and I missed it. I was involved in community theatre back home in Miami and I really wanted to find a new theatre home here in Gainesville.

GCP Girl: What has been your favorite part of this experience so far?
NR: Working with so many different people has been the best part! It's great to work with people of so many different ages and backgrounds; I've learned a lot about teamwork during this show.

GCP Girl: If you could play any other character in the show, which one would you choose and why?
NR: It would be cool to play Evilene because she has an awesome song and villains are always super fun to play!

GCP Girl:
If you went to Oz instead of Dorothy, what would be your favorite part of the trip?
NR: I think my favorite part would be meeting and going on the journey with the Scarecrow, Tin Man and Lion. I love meeting interesting new people (if you can call them that).

GCP Girl:
Why do you think "The Wizard of Oz" is such a popular story with both children and adults?
NR: I think everyone can relate to the lessons the main characters learn on their unique journeys and the story is just so original and creative you can't help but fall in love with it!

GCP Girl:
What would you tell someone who is considering auditioning for a GCP show?
NR: I would tell them to stop considering and just do it! I'm so happy I auditioned because not only am I a part of this wonderful show, but now I have a new home where I can express myself, learn more about theatre, and meet lots of great new people in the process.

GCP Girl:
Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
NR: I can't wait to audition for "Spelling Bee," and I hope to see lots of familiar faces when those auditions come around!

Thanks, Natalie! We hope you do!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment