Saturday, November 27, 2010

"The Wiz" cast profile: Desiree' Salter

Desiree' Salter fulfills a longtime dream as a principle dancer in "The Wiz"!

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
DS: My previous show at GCP was "Annie," and I played Tessie! I have been in numerous shows at Star Center with Rhonda Wilson. "All Shook Up" (chorus), "King and I"(Lady Thiang), "Disney Spectacular"(many Disney characters), "A Little Princess"(Lavita), "Alice and Wonderland"(Rabbit), "Once on this Island"(Townsperson), "Obidiah and the Oak Tree"(Little Girl). I have also performed at GHS in "Kiss Me Kate" (company).

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for this show?
DS: I auditioned for this show because I love the music and the different types of dancing that is involved. I also been wanting to be in the show for some years now and this was FINALLY my chance to do so.

GCP Girl: What has been your favorite part of this experience so far?
DS: My favorite part of it all would have to be meeting new people and seeing all the other talent that is out there! Practices have also been a BLAST! It has brought the cast closer together and made it easier for everyone to work together.

GCP Girl: If you could play any other character in the show, which one would you choose and why?
DS: Hmmm, I would say Addaperle. Her character is really funny and the audience really enjoys her appearance on stage! :)

GCP Girl: If you went to Oz instead of Dorothy, what would be your favorite part of the trip?
DS: My favorite part would be meeting the friends... They make the trip fun and worthwhile.

GCP Girl: Why do you think "The Wizard of Oz" is such a popular story with both children and adults?
DS: Every age can relate to this story in many ways. Also, the story has fun and toe-tapping songs that every age can enjoy!

GCP Girl: What would you tell someone who is considering auditioning for a GCP show?
DS: Go for it... its a lifetime experience! You get a to chance to meet other talented people from everywhere. It's also a place where you can be yourself and have a GREAT time doing so!!

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
DS: I really enjoyed working with EVERYONE in the cast! I had an awesome time and I hope I get the chance again to work with everyone again!

Thanks, Desiree'! Your last chances to see "The Wiz" are tonight and tomorrow!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment