Monday, November 22, 2010

"The Wiz" cast profile: Madeleine Escarne

Madeleine Escarne brings sparkle and shine to the ensemble of "The Wiz"!

GCP Girl:
Tell me about some of your previous shows.
ME: My first show was actually at GCP in "To Kill A Mockingbird." After that I did "The Commedia Voyages of Sinbad." A few shorts here and there and now..."The Wiz"!

GCP Girl:
Why did you audition for this show?
ME: Ms. Rhonda Wilson was the director of "To Kill a Mockingbird" and said that she would be directing "The Wiz" in the fall. It was great working with Rhonda and the whole GCP family and I have always wanted to be a part of a musical, so I decided to audition.

GCP Girl: What has been your favorite part of this experience so far?
ME: The dancing! I love the dancing. I am such an introvert that it is hard for me to sometimes just step outside of my box. The dancing really helps me with that. And of course getting to meet all of the talented people that are involved with this production.

GCP Girl:
If you could play any other character in the show, which one would you choose and why?
ME: I would want to be a Munchkin. They have so much fun "bubbling" and "fizzing" that it would be great to be a part of that number.

GCP Girl: If you went to Oz instead of Dorothy, what would be your favorite part of the trip?
ME: Getting to meet the Wiz!

GCP Girl:
Why do you think "The Wizard of Oz" is such a popular story with both children and adults?
ME: Children love it because it deals in the realm of fantasy and make-believe. Kids can escape to "Oz" (thereby escaping their present situation) at any time just by clicking their heels three times. Parents love it because it proves that what a person may deem as lacking within only takes a little encouragment to discover that they had the potential all along.

GCP Girl:
What would you tell someone who is considering auditioning for a GCP show?
ME: Go for it wholeheartedly. The thing about a volunteer theater is that it is a voluntary act. Despite the job, the house, the kids, people are at this theater because it is a passion of theirs. Each show really becomes a mini-family...since you end up spending so much time with them anyway!

GCP Girl:
Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
ME: I am truly thankful to God to enjoy doing something (acting) that I really have a passion for! Not many people find that thing that they are passionate about in their lifetime and I am grateful that I have. I love it!!!

Thanks, Madeleine! Remember, this week is your last chance to see "The Wiz"!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment