Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"Pippin" Cast Profile: Savannah Radcliffe

Meet Savannah Radcliffe, one of the "Pippin" players, who is celebrating her first show at the GCP!

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
SR: I haven't done anything at GCP since I just moved here, but I've been in shows back in Tampa's community theater like "Cinderella" and "Scrooge the Musical."

GCP Girl: What was your favorite role?
SR: One time I worked at a kids theater camp, and I got to be Giselle when they did a shorter kids' version of "Enchanted." It was really awesome to be a princess and work with the kids, so even though it wasn't a real professional show, it was awesome to be that character all summer and have kids call me "princess." That was nice.

GCP Girl: What do you feel is your area of expertise - singing, acting or dancing?
SR: Definitely singing. I've been singing since I was 3, though I have started dancing this year and really love it.

GCP Girl: What does your "Pippin" icon represent?
SR: Mine is a leaf because my costume is going to have leaves incorporated in it, and because I'm good at drawing leaves and not much else.

GCP Girl: What do you hope people take away from "Pippin"?
SR: I hope they like it and have a fun time. =)

GCP Girl: What is your dream role?
SR: Jo in "Little Women the Musical."  It's my favorite show, and Jo has such a great sense of humor and gets to belt a lot.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite quote?
SR: "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

GCP Girl: What inspires you?
SR: I like to make people happy, so I always try to make people smile when I am performing. The audience inspires me to give the best performance I can. =)

GCP Girl: Tell me one thing about yourself you would like everyone to know!
SR: Hopefully I'll be studying theater in New York this summer, and starting in the fall, I will be attending UCF. I plan to get my BFA in musical theatre and minor in childhood education.

Thanks, Savannah! Only two more days until preview...
xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment