Thursday, March 19, 2009

"Pippin" Cast Profile: Lola Hassan-Adams


GCP veteran Lola Hassan-Adams plays Fastrada, Pippin's stepmother, in a performance that is sure to leave the audience with an Oedipus complex!

GCP Girl:
Tell me about some of your previous shows.
LHA: At the GCP, I've been in "Grease," "A Little Night Music," "Hello, Dolly!," "Jane Eyre," and "Ain't Misbehavin'." I have also been in productions of "The Wiz," "Praying for Rain," "Bleacher Bums," "St.Hugo of Central Park," and "Into The Woods." (There are a lot more, but it would take too long.)

GCP Girl: What were your favorite roles?
LHA: I have a three-way tie: Rizzo in "Grease," Ernestina Money in "Hello, Dolly!," and Fastrada in "Pippin" (I hope,...I'm sure it will be).

GCP Girl: What do you feel is your area of expertise - singing, acting or dancing?
LHA: I'm an actor that can sing and act like I can dance!

GCP Girl: What does your "Pippin" icon represent?
LHA: It's an abstract butterfly that represents my little sister with cerebral palsy.

GCP Girl: What do you hope people take away from "Pippin"?
LHA: Life is about the choices you make. Don't let people make those choices for you. Love fully and openly, and live your life for yourself, or someone else will live it for you.

GCP Girl: What is your dream role and why?
LHA: I have two. (I'm a pain, I know.)
The Wicked Witch of the West
As much as I love Elpheba, I am referring to the classic Wicked Witch. Ever since I was little I've LOVED the bad guys, they didn't frighten me they intrigued me. The wicked witch of the west epitomizes that "bad guy" essence for me. SO much fun!
Ms. Hannigan ("Annie")
Kind of the same reason as the wicked witch, but in addition I learned how to "act" by watching Lucille Ball and Carol Burnett. Ms. Hannigan is one of my FAVORITE Carol Burnett roles.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite quote?
LHA: "Anything smaller than a size five is a little boy with Boobs!" Anita Blake

GCP Girl: What inspires you?
LHA: My friends (cheesy,  I know, but true).

GCP Girl: Tell me one thing about yourself you would like everyone to know!
LHA: If you EVER consider acting, PLEASE give it a try. There is nothing more amazing than being on stage. Never doubt yourself and think "I could never do that," because you can and will do it if you put your mind to it. Anyone can act, including you. The trick is to "act" like you're not acting. ;0)

Thanks, Lola! Break a leg tonight!
xo xo GCP Girl

1 comment: