Monday, March 16, 2009

"Pippin" Cast Profile: Katie Crozier


Katie Crozier returns to the GCP stage as Pippin's grandmother, Berthe, who has a unique outlook on life and a lesson for the young hero.

GCP Girl:
Tell me about some of your previous shows.
KC: I was involved with many shows at Wesleyan College, too many to mention. Some of my favorite rolls were Kess in "Independence," Agnes in "Dancing at Lughnasa," Martirio in "House of Bernada Alba" and Road Wanderer in "Land of the Dragon." I also made my directing debut with "Funeral Tea." This will be my third time on the GCP stage. Previous shows were "Cinderella," where I danced and sang in the chorus, and "Hot Mikado," where I played Peep Bo.

GCP Girl: What was your favorite role?
KC: I have to say the role of Road Wanderer in the Chinese children's play "Land of the Dragon" has been the most fun to do, but my current role at Berthe may surpass that.

GCP Girl: What do you feel is your area of expertise - singing, acting or dancing?
KC: I consider myself to be a Dancer first, an Actor second and a Singer third.... but honestly, if the song and character are well suited for my voice, then I think I'm a pretty balanced performer.

GCP Girl: What does your "Pippin" icon represent?
KC: I chose the triple moon. It dipicts the three phases of the moon ( waxing, full and waning) which represents the three phases of womanhood (maiden, mother, crone).

GCP Girl: What do you hope people take away from "Pippin"?
KC: I hope people hear Berthe's lesson. There are wonderful things all around and all we need to do is slow down a little and enjoy them. Life is rich and interesting, you just have to pay attention to what really matters. Tomorrow is no guarantee but today is already here. Make the most of it.

GCP Girl: What is your dream role and why?
KC: If I ever get the chance to play Sally Bowles in "Cabaret" I will die happy (ok, ok, I'll die happy anyway.. but playing her would be icing on an already delicious cake!). Sally is a true hedonist. She lives in the now and wants to enjoy every moment of her life. And has some amazing songs! "Life is a Cabaret ol' chum..."

GCP Girl: What is your favorite quote?
KC: "Be the change you wish to see in the world" ~Gandhi

GCP Girl: What inspires you?
KC: Honest living, compassion, kindness, self awareness and love.

GCP Girl: Tell me one thing about yourself you would like everyone to know!
KC: This experience with "Pippin" has reminded me how much I love performing. I really feel at home in this character which has allowed much stifled creativity to flow freely.

Thanks, Katie! Stay tuned...
xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment