Tuesday, March 24, 2009

"Pippin" Cast Profile: Sarah Welch

"Pippin" Player Sarah Welch brings her vocal talent to the GCP for her second show...

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
SW: This is my second show at GCP (or anywhere). My first was Jane Eyre. :-)

GCP Girl: What was your favorite show?
SW: I think this show as a player has been my favorite as it is really pushing me farther to learn how to dance and sing at the same time. I have never had to dance like this before, so it's been exciting to learn all the new choreography. I feel as if both shows I've done have pushed me in different ways to grow as a performer, and that is all I could ever ask for.

GCP Girl: What do you feel is your area of expertise - singing, acting or dancing?
SW: Singing has always been my comfort zone, although I am hoping for that to change. ;)

GCP Girl: What does your "Pippin" icon represent?
SW: My icon is the treble and bass clefs shaped to a heart. I felt this was best as music defines all that I do.

GCP Girl: What do you hope people take away from "Pippin"?
SW: I hope they enjoy it and want to see more GCP shows in the future!

GCP Girl: What is your dream role and why?
SW: Sarah in "Ragtime." (Yes, I know I'm not black.) I just love that musical, and especially Sarah's solos; I feel I could really capture her.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite quote?
SW: "Clarity of mind means clarity of passion, too; this is why a great and clear mind loves ardently and sees distinctly what it loves." -Blaise Pascal

GCP Girl: What inspires you?
SW: The feeling I have when people appreciate my creative efforts. It inspires me to do better and be better for them.

GCP Girl: Tell me one thing about yourself you would like everyone to know!
SW: I just wish I could tell everyone in the cast and crew how much I truly admire them! They each have their own talents that make them wonderful role models. Yes, for ME! :-)

Thanks, Sarah!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment