Tuesday, March 24, 2009

"Pippin" Cast Profile: Kevin Hanson


GCP newcomer Kevin Hanson plays Pippin's father Charlemagne, who has some surprising advice for his son...

GCP Girl:
Tell me about some of your previous shows.
KH: This is my first show I have ever done.

GCP Girl: What was your favorite show?
KH: "Pippin" is, of course, my favorite show, because it has been my only role, unless you count that 15-minute skit where I played Uncle Jessie from the "Dukes of Hazzard" way back in my high school days! ;)

GCP Girl: What do you feel is your area of expertise - singing, acting or dancing?
KH: I know acting is an art acquired over time but I would say acting is my first area of abilities. I do not fear public speaking and can carry a tune so singing would be a close second. This "dancing" thing is new to me and comes in a dead last for my abilities. Now, if you want to go to a club and dance, or maybe do the swing, I am your man.

GCP Girl: What does your "Pippin" icon represent?
KH: My icon is a sword/dagger and it represents my character, Charlemagne. He is all about the sword solving every problem.

GCP Girl:
What do you hope people take away from "Pippin"?
KH: My line in the show, "Home is where the heart is," really is the entire drive of the show plot. As much as Pippin revolts and experiments with life he ultimately comes back to his own
'home." The overall theme of broadening your experiences, figuring out what paths to avoid and finding what makes you happy is relevant advice to anyone.

GCP Girl: What is your dream role?
KH: The Phantom from "Phantom of the Opera." I know sounds like pie in the sky and I do not know if I have the voice to pull it off, but the music from "Phantom" is great. Every time I have gone to see the show I wanted to walk on the street and burst into song. It really
is inspiring.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite quote?
KH: "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." Ben Franklin

GCP Girl: What inspires you?
KH: My wife and little boy, AKA the family that I love! My wife has been incredibly supportive of me with the play. I cannot thank her enough.

GCP Girl: Tell me one thing about yourself you would like everyone to know!
KH: I AM a giant in the bedroom! ;-)

Nice reference, Kev, but let's not scare the children!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment