Monday, December 16, 2013

'Seussical' cast profile: Niyin Smith

Niyin Smith makes her sassy debut on the GCP stage as BirdGirl #1!


GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character or characters.
Niyin: I would describe us (birdgirls) as the doo-wop girls of Nool. We are kinda sneaky. We narrate a lot of the story.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
Niyin: Well, when I was younger I did mainly straight plays and I took dance lessons. Then, I was introduced to musicals and saw the you could dance, sing, and act! In previous shows I played parts of the ensemble. Recently, I've played young Celie in The color Purple the Musical.

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "Seussical"? 
Niyin: I didn't. Ms. Rhonda asked if I wanted to be in the show which I had no idea about! I am glad she offered me a chance to be in Seussical, it really has been a great experience!

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number or scene in the show?
Niyin: Ahhh. That is a tough decision. I would have to say the people versus horton. It allows me to get all of my sass out that I haven't already displayed.

GCP Girl: What are you looking forward to the most about performing in "Seussical"?
Niyin: Becoming closer to the cast and just having fun with something I love doing! I really hope the audience will enjoy it!

GCP Girl:
Why should people see this show?
Niyin: Normally, when people the Dr. Seuss they probably think of it as a childish show! That's not true! Seussical is a Musical that reaches out to everyone and it displays a wonderful message.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite Dr. Seuss character or story from your childhood and why? 
Niyin: Cat in The Hat of course! He's definitely a jokester!

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know. 
Niyin: This is my first GCP show. So excited to be apart of the family!

And we are glad to have you in the family, Niyin! 

This is the last week to catch Niyin and the rest of this colorful cast in 'Seussical'! Visit the Event Page on Facebook or the GCP Website for more information.

xoxo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment