Wednesday, December 11, 2013

'Seussical' cast profile: Dan Christophy

The infamous Dan Christophy is The Cat in the Hat!

GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character or characters
Dan: I play the fun loving, mischief making cat. I encourage JoJo to think and explore those thinks!

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
Dan: I have previously been in a show called "life". It was this show where I got up everyday and had to face a bunch of challenges and defeat many a foe. I have continued working on that show for about 37 years and just recently earned my equity card.

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "Seussical"?
Dan: I thought the show would be fun to participate in and a good chance to show off my hat wearing skills.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number or scene in the show?
Dan: I really like the end when we pose the question "what do you think" to the audience. It really gets them and even earns some audible sighing.

GCP Girl: What are you looking forward to the most about performing in "Seussical"?
Dan: The opportunity to work with a great cast and create a magical time for both the audience and performers.

GCP Girl: Why should people see this show?
Dan: It is a fun show that everyone can enjoy. Adults and kids alike.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite Dr. Seuss character or story from your childhood and why? 
Dan: Marvin K Mooney. It was the tale my dad read to me and I read to my son over and over. By far my favorite.

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know.
Dan: I think that the mayor of Who falsified his birth certificate and was actually a citizen of Whatville and not Whoville. And since this is the case, we accidentally elected a non-citizen who that should immediately remove himself from office. We should then have a new election which will obviously end in an overwhelming win for Cindy Lou Who.

Thanks, Dan!

Don't miss Handsome Dan Christophy as The Cat in the Hat. Shows resume tonight at 8:00 PM.

Visit the Event Page on Facebook or the GCP Website for more information.

xoxo GCP Girl


D

No comments:

Post a Comment