Monday, December 2, 2013

'Seussical' cast profile: Esteban Alvares, III


GCP favorite Esteban Alvarez, III is the lovable, good hearted Horton, the elephant. 

GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character or characters.
Esteban: Horton is the unlikely "hero" of the show. He is generous, self sacrificing, and always sees the good in everyone. He tries to save the Who's and take care of an abandoned egg ... he stays busy during the show.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows. 
Esteban: This is my 15th show with GCP, some favorites include Lend me a Tenor, Hairspray, The Producers, etc.

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "Seussical"?
Esteban: Because I really enjoy the show and Horton has been a role I've wanted to do for years.
GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number or scene in the show?
Esteban: I enjoy getting to sing Solla Sollew with the cast, but I love getting to hear Kathy, our Sour Kangaroo, sing her heart out ... although don't tell her I said so ...
GCP Girl: What are you looking forward to the most about performing in "Seussical"?
Esteban: Getting to perform with such a talented cast ... plus this is the first time I've been in a show with my brother, Rey.
GCP Girl: Why should people see this show?
Esteban: Because there is a great message, great songs, and great singers. I mean ... have you seen this cast list?
GCP Girl: What is your favorite Dr. Seuss character or story from your childhood and why? 
Esteban: I've always loved how genuine Horton was in Horton Hears a Who. So, I've loved this character for a long time.

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know.
Esteban: I still haven't seen The Godfather.

Thanks, Esteban!

Don't miss Esteban Alvarez, III as Horton the Elephant in 'Seussical'! Shows resume on Thursday, December 5 at 8:00 PM. Visit the Event Page on Facebook or the GCP Website for more information.

xoxo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment