Wednesday, December 4, 2013

'Seussical' cast profile: Isiah Blount


Isiah Blount is the eldest of the rambunctious Wickersham Brothers in 'Seussical'.

GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character or characters.
Isiah: My Character is the oldest Wickersham Brother. I'm kinda like the mother of the bunch! I display lots of attitude, and I despise Horton and this Clover!

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
Isiah: My very fist show was "Once on This Island" where I played Daniel. Since then I've been in "Dreamgirls" as CC, the ensemble of "9 to 5", Harpo in "The Color Purple" and I'll be taking on the role of Mereb in "Aida" very soon! :-)

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "Seussical"?
Isiah: I auditioned for Seussical because I performed "Alone in the Universe" at the GCP Golden Apples Awards this year, and I fell in love with the show!

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number or scene in the show?
Isiah: It definitely has to be "Monkey Around". Because it's when the crowd really gets to know the Wicks!!

GCP Girl: What are you looking forward to the most about performing in "Seussical"?
Isiah: EVERYTHING!! I love the cast and I love being on stage with them, so I'm looking forward to everything!

GCP Girl: Why should people see this show?
Isiah: People should see the show because #1, it's Dr.Seuss! #2, It's the live version of the great tale "Horton Hears a Who" and, it has amazing colors, singing, and dancing. You are sure to have a GREAT time!

GCP Girl: What is your favorite Dr. Seuss character or story from your childhood and why?
Isiah: My Favorite story would be "Green Eggs and Ham" Haha, I say that because it was the first one that I ever read, and I read it so much that I could recite it at the drop of a dime!

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know.
Isiah: SEUSSICAL IS A MUST SEE!!!!!!! 

I couldn't agree more, Isiah. 

Don't miss Isiah Blount in 'Seussical' at the GCP! Shows resume tomorrow, December 5 at 8:00 PM. Visit the Event Page on Facebook or the GCP Website for more information.

xoxo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment