Thursday, November 29, 2012

"White Christmas" cast profile: Kelley Addis

Kelley Addis keeps General Waverly (and everyone else) in line as Martha Watson in "White Christmas"!

GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character.
KA: I'm playing Martha Watson. Martha is a no-nonsense type of gal. She helps to run the inn with General Waverly. She is also an ex-Broadway star...although in her head she's always the star no matter what. She is sassy, charismatic and, most importantly, LOUD!

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
KA: I was last seen at GCP playing Joanne in "Rent." I was also in "Anything Goes," "The Wiz," "The Producers" and "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum." I also was an actor professionally in Chicago appearing in "Tony N' Tina's Wedding," "Jackie: An American Life," "Dimly Perceived Threats to the System," multiple improv shows, murder mysteries, children's shows with Chicago Kids Company, extra gigs in "Spiderman II," "The Company," and "The Break Up." I even appeared in a re-enactment show on "Animal Planet." So...I have a little experience.

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "White Christmas"?
KA: It had been about a year since my last show and that was enough of a hiatus for me.

GCP Girl:  What is your favorite musical number in the show, and why?
KA: "I Love a Piano" is catchy and gets stuck in my head frequently. Plus everyone has worked REALLY hard on that number and it shows. Helps to appreciate it that much more knowing that. 

GCP Girl: Finish this sentence: "I know it's the holiday season when..."?
KA: ...it's August...because that's when Christmas decorations go up now. Sheesh. 

GCP Girl: What is your favorite winter holiday tradition?
KA: Going to see my nephews and watching them open Christmas presents. They're so cute and fun to be around. 

GCP Girl: What are you looking forward to the most about performing in "White Christmas"?
KA: My diva moment!!! You'll know it when you see it. Also seeing kids all dressed up for the holidays to go to a show. Reminds me of when I was young and my mom would take my sister and me to shows around the holidays and how magical the whole experience was. I hope we can give that same magical moment to kids and adults alike. 

GCP Girl: What plays or musicals would you like to see GCP produce in an upcoming season?
KA: "Legally Blonde" would be fun. "Avenue Q" would be amazing...hey, we did "Rent." We can do anything now! 

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
KA: I would like to wish everyone a very merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Happy Kwanzaa. Here's to getting past the Mayan apocalypse.

Thanks, Kelley! Find out about her diva moment when you see "White Christmas" at the GCP!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment