Friday, July 27, 2012

"Hairspray" cast profile: Lauren Wright

GCP newcomer Lauren Wright joins the Motormouth Kids as Cindy Watkins in "Hairspray"!

GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character.
LW: I’m playing Cindy Watkins. She is one of the Motormouth Kids. Cindy enjoys dancing and hanging out with her friends. She’s a quiet person most of the time but can also speak her mind when necessary.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
LW: “Hairspray” is my first musical. My previous shows have been dance performances at the Phillips Center for the Performing Arts – most recently “The Nutcracker” with the Dance Alive National Ballet.

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "Hairspray"?
LW: I auditioned because I like the performing arts. I’ve participated in the Rising Star Performing Arts Academy and Hippodrome Theater Arts summer camp.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number in the show, and why?
LW: My favorite musical number is hearing Kathy sing “I Know Where I’ve Been.”

GCP Girl: Why should people see "Hairspray"?
LW: I think people should see “Hairspray” because it’s funny!

GCP Girl: What is your dream role?
LW: I can’t think of any specific dream role, but I’d like to be in “Wicked.” I’ve seen it in Los Angeles, Orlando & New York.

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
LW: I’m looking forward to attending P.K. Yonge for high school. Also, thanks to my aunt, I've attended the Academy Awards twice!

Thanks, Lauren!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment