Wednesday, July 18, 2012

"Hairspray" cast profile: Kevin Anderson

Kevin Anderson brings his dancing feet to "Hairspray"!

GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character.
KA: I play Duane, as well as the bum in the opening sequence. My own internal thought of my character [Duane] is that he is one of the Motormouth Kids, and he loves music and he has a secret that you have to really look for in the show. Let's just say Seaweed wasn't the only one stepping outside of his race.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
KA: In the last show I did at the GCP, I was Tom Collins in "Rent," and I was also in last summer's production of "Anything Goes"!

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "Hairspray"?
KA: IT'S "HAIRSPRAY"! It's big and fun and dance galore! It's one of those shows where not only the audience goes home laughing and smiling, but also the actors will.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number in the show, and why?
KA: I don't know why, but I love "The Madison."  It's like the cha cha slide in the '60s. "You Can't Stop the Beat" is pretty fun, too.

GCP Girl: Why should people see "Hairspray"?
KA: Like I said, it's "Hairspray"! People are going to leave the theater laughing and smiling because the show is an awesome show. It has it all, from the tears and fears to the happy and the sappy!

GCP Girl: What plays or musicals would you like to see GCP produce in an upcoming season?
KA: "LA CAGE AUX FOLLES"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GCP Girl: What is your dream role?
KA: Tom Collins in "Rent" and one of the Les Cagelles in "La Cage Aux Folles."

GCP Girl: What does community theatre mean to you?
KA: It means bringing different people together and everyone being passionate about theatre. We volunteer a lot of time at the theater, and you have to have a love of meeting new people and loving theatre.

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know.
KA: Well, I'm an Aquarius, I like long walks at the zoo, and...oh, COME SEE "HAIRSPRAY"!!!

Thanks, Kevin!  The second week of "Hairspray" starts tonight, and tickets are selling fast!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment