Thursday, November 19, 2009

"Singin' in the Rain" cast profile: Sarah Emmets

Sarah Emmets talks about her first GCP experience in "Singin' in the Rain"!

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
SE: I was previously in "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" as Lucy my sophomore year of high school, which was my first play. Then I was in a very impr show called "Alice's Magical Musical Tour" as Alice that my voice teacher created, on which I had to learn the main part in one night (good thing I love theatre). Then,  I was in "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" again when the music director decided to do it for my senior year as a senior play, where I played Lucy again. And now I am blessed to be a part of the fabulous production "Singin' in the Rain."

GCP Girl: What was your favorite show?
SE: That is a tough question. It is between "Wicked," "Rent" or "Legally Blonde: The Musical."

GCP Girl: What do you feel is your area of expertise – singing, dancing or acting?
SE: I feel that I am a better actor then a singer or a dancer. Although I have taken years of singing lessons and know how to carry a tune, and I can pick up dance moves very quickly and I think I have some rhythm.

GCP Girl: What has been your favorite part of the "Singin' in the Rain" experience so far?
SE: My favorite part of "Singin' in the Rain" is being able to meet such amazing people. This is my first year in Gainesville and I couldn't ask for more awesome people to make me feel welcome. Although I do enjoy the hilarious comedy and the awesome dance and singing numbers, the bonding and having a good time together has to be my favorite. Oh, I would also add that I also love THE BOOK. :)

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number in the show?
SE: Another tough question. By far, my favorite number to perform and watch is "Broadway Melody"; that song is just so much fun to do. I would have to say that my favorite song to listen to is "You Stepped Out of a Dream." That song is so adorable and sweet and is performed very well.

GCP Girl: What is your dream role?
SE: Oh boy, my absolute dream role would to be play Elle Woods in "Legally Blonde: The Musical." Although I would love to play Elphaba or Glinda in "Wicked." Or Velma or Roxie in "Chicago." Or I would love to be Mimi in "Rent."

GCP Girl: What inspires you?
SE: What inspires me is all the awesome musicals that are out there. Watching and listening to all those brilliant actors portray interesting charters makes me want to jump into a production.

GCP Girl: What does community theatre mean to you?
SE: Community theatre to me means that everyone who has jobs or goes to school can still come together in their spare time to do what they love. No matter if they are a lawyer or a doctor, they can still perform for their love of the stage.

GCP Girl: Tell me something about yourself you'd like everyone to know!
SE: I would like everyone to know that I absolutely love the theatre and would like to hopefully pursue a career in it. I would also like everyone to know that "Singin' in the Rain" is an amazing show, put on by fabulous, hardworking people.
Thanks, Sarah!  Time is running out to see this show, so get your tickets now!
xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment