Friday, November 6, 2009

"Singin' in the Rain" cast profile: Lexi DuFries


"Singin' in the Rain" lady-in-waiting Lexi DuFries talks to GCP Girl about magic and inspiration...

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
LD: At my high school, I performed in "Once Upon a Mattress," "Anything Goes," "Class Action" and "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying." "Singin' in the Rain" is my first show since I started college.

GCP Girl: What was your favorite show?
LD: Anything Goes. We had a great set and I loved the choreography, as well as the choreographer.

GCP Girl: What do you feel is your area of expertise?
LD: I feel that singing is my area of expertise because I have the most experience in it, then acting because I've started taking acting classes and I've come to find that I enjoy it. I'm slow to learn dancing but, with time and determination, I can do it!

GCP Girl: What has been your favorite part of the "Singin' in the Rain" experience so far?
LD: Just being a member of this cast because everyone is so talented and hilarious. I'm so grateful I've become a very small part of the large GCP family. I have also thoroughly enjoyed the thrill of performing again.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number in the show?
LD: The solo "Singin' in the Rain" number at the end of Act 1. It's just so classic and the rain on stage is absolutely magical.

GCP Girl: What is your dream role?
LD: I can't choose just one! I would love to play Roxie or Velma from "Chicago," Elle Woods from "Legally Blonde," Elphaba from "Wicked" and maybe even Diana from "Next to Normal."

GCP Girl: What inspires you?
LD: Above all, the love of Jesus Christ. I am also inspired by the truly magical moments in theatre when I get goosebumps up my arms, chills downs my spine and I am so overwhelmed with emotion I feel like I'm about to explode into tears or laughter. Whether I'm viewing or performing, I adore that rush and seek it as often as I can. I wish everyone in the world could feel that at least once in their life.

GCP Girl: What does community theatre mean to you?
LD: It is a way to satisfy my desire for theatre and a fantastically fun learning opportunity.

GCP Girl: Tell me something about yourself you'd like everyone to know!
LD: I thrive off of God, love, art, people and fun. Also, I tend to get pretty crazy at times, don't be alarmed, just smile and play along. :)

Thanks, Lexi! Tickets are available at Book Gallery West!!

xo xo GCP Girl

1 comment:

  1. Not that it matters, but I'm Zelda Zanders too! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete