Saturday, November 7, 2009

"Singin' in the Rain" cast profile: Amanda Dearolph


Amanda Dearolph lends her vocal talents to "Singin' in the Rain" as mysterious silent film star Olga Maria!

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
AD: This is my second show at GCP - I played Blanche Ingram in "Jane Eyre" last year. I've also been in "Once Upon A Mattress," "Anything Goes," and "The Music Man."

GCP Girl: What was your favorite show?
AD: "Jane Eyre." GCP is so much better than high school theatre.

GCP Girl: What do you feel is your area of expertise - singing, dancing or acting?
AD: Definitely singing. I'm classically trained, and I've been singing for as long as I can remember. 

GCP Girl: What has been your favorite part of the "Singin' in the Rain" experience so far?
AD: "The Book" ;).
   
GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number in the show?
AD: That's tough, but probably the finale. I'm in the front row, and I can see the audience and their faces light up when we all come out in our big yellow rain coats and red umbrellas. It's amazing.

GCP Girl: What is your dream role?
AD: Wow, I'm not sure I could choose just one. We actually had a conversation about this in the dressing room one night. There are a lot, but the main roles I would love to play are Clara from "The Light in the Piazza," Christine or Carlotta from "The Phantom of the Opera," Dot from "Sunday in the Park with George" and Janet Van der Graff from "The Drowsy Chaperone."

GCP Girl: What inspires you?
AD: A lot of things, depending on what I'm inspired to do. Art inspires me to look at the world differently. Good music makes me think about how I perform. Fashion editorials make me think about color and shape. Books make me think about how I and characters handle situations. Strong women like Queen Elizabeth I, Artemisia Gentileschi, Esther, Renata Tebaldi, Jane Austen, and my mother make me want to be better person. 

GCP Girl: What does community theatre mean to you?
AD: Community theatre is a wonderful place to express yourself and meet new people of different ages, ethnicities and backgrounds. It brings the opportunity to perform and see a beautiful, American form of art. 

GCP Girl: Tell me something about yourself you'd like everyone to know!
AD: I'm so grateful to be a part of this show and GCP!

Thanks, Amanda!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment