Wednesday, December 9, 2009

"Nuncrackers" cast profile: Lola Hassan-Adams


"Nuncrackers" opens tomorrow night at the Vam York Theater to spread some holiday cheer! First up on Santa's list (naughty or nice? you decide!) is Lola Hassan-Adams, who plays Sister Robert Anne!

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
LH: I've been doing shows at GCP since 2000 and have been everything from Random Chorus Member #5, a tree, Rizz, a queen on a power trip, and a man!

GCP Girl: Tell me about your character in "Nuncrackers."
LH: I play Sister Robert Anne from Brooklyn, New York. The street-smart, wisecracking troublemaker, NOTHING like myself at all! She is a bit rough around the edges, but has a heart of gold.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite scene in the show?
LH: MY favorite scene is Sister Julia. However, Robert Anne's favorite scene without a doubt is when she gets to have the stage during "All I want for Christmas." Performing is her lifelong dream, you realize.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite holiday tradition and why?
LH: Reading "The Night Before Christmas" to my little sister Megan. I do it every year.

GCP Girl: How is this show different from others you've done?
LH: Time and space. Doing a Christmas show, you have a longer rehearsal time, less time in the theater, and less time for an actual performance. After doing "Peter Pan" for five weeks, this two-week run should be interesting!

GCP Girl: What do you want everyone to know about "Nuncrackers"?
LH: It's a fun, warmhearted, cheesy Christmas show. Perfect for this time of year and fun for all ages.

GCP Girl: What does community theatre mean to you?
LH: It means SO much! To those of us in the show and people who come and see our shows. It's about new experiences, family, and local arts. It's a wonderful place to be and be a part of.

GCP Girl: Tell me something about yourself you'd like everyone to know!
LH: I am a notary AND an Ordained Minister!


So what do you think – does Lola get a gift or a lump of coal? ;-) I know what I want for the holidays...I want you to see "Nuncrackers"! Hurry and get your tickets at Book Gallery West. The show only runs for two weeks!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment