Thursday, November 12, 2009

"Singin' in the Rain" cast profile: Norma Berger


Norma Berger celebrates her first show at the GCP!

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
NB: I was last in "A Midsummer Night's Dream" at the Acrosstown as the first fairy (Mustardseed), and prior to that, I was the stage manager for "Closer," featuring our Lina, Sarah Nesselroade. This is my first GCP show.

GCP Girl: What was your favorite show?
NB: This one, so far!

GCP Girl: What do you feel is your area of expertise – singing, dancing or acting?
NB: I'm the worst dancer in this cast, but I'm not that bad. I would say singing is my strongest skill.

GCP Girl: What has been your favorite part of the "Singin' in the Rain" experience so far?
NB: Watching Sarah as Lina. She is hysterically funny.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number in the show?
NB: "You Stepped Out of a Dream," because of the challenging choral role.

GCP Girl: What is your dream role?
NB: Eponine in "Les Miserables."

GCP Girl: What inspires you?
NB: Music, good writing, good conversation, friends, and riding my bicycle.

GCP Girl: What does community theatre mean to you?
NB: Everyone having an opportunity to learn and participate in theatre.

GCP Girl: Tell me something about yourself you'd like everyone to know!
NB: Along with music and theatre, food is my passion, and I like to think I am as creative in the kitchen as on stage.

Thanks, Norma! Get your tickets for "Singin' in the Rain" – only two weeks left!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment