Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"Shakespeare in Hollywood" Cast Profile: Dan Scholes


Dan Scholes plays movie mogul Sam Warner, and also makes a cameo as Tarzan...

GCP Girl: Tell me about your previous theatre experience.
DS: I did some theatre stuff in high school and in college a long time ago. Mostly I've done shows at GCP – 20+ by now. I've done mostly tech work and backstage stuff. A little bit of everything. I do like getting on stage whenever possible.

GCP Girl: Tell me a little about your character.
DS: According to the script, Sam's the dumb brother. He doesn't have a lot of lines, but he does have some really funny ones.

GCP Girl: What was your biggest challenge in this show?
DS: Learning how to do the Tarzan yell. It's really hard to do. I spent more time practicing with a Jonny Weismuller clip from YouTube than I did on anything else, and I still wish I could do it better. I'm working with such an awesome cast of people; they keep telling me not to sweat it.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite Shakespearean play?
DS: Macbeth.

GCP Girl: What do you want people to know about "Shakespeare in Hollywood"?
DS: This show has fairies with wings in it. Nuff said.

GCP Girl: What is your dream role?
DS: I never much thought about this before. Whatever role makes people laugh the most. I'm not real picky as long as it gets me on stage.

GCP Girl: What does community theatre mean to you?
DS: It's a place where people like me who have to do theatre and can't see their lives without it can come. We make our money doing other things, but our community theatre is home.

GCP Girl: Tell me something about yourself you'd like everyone to know!
DS: I'm single and lookin' for love.

Thanks, Dan! Remember, it's the last week to catch "Shakespeare" – the show closes on Sunday!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment