Friday, September 4, 2009

"Shakespeare in Hollywood" Cast Profile: Jeremy Lambeth



Jeremy Lambeth's Oberon wanders into quite a different "wood near Athens" when he ends up on the set of "A Midsummer Night's Dream" in 1930s Hollywood!

GCP Girl: Tell me about your previous theatre experience.
JL: Friends and fun are the reasons I keep returning to auditions. No role is too small and the memories are priceless. My previous experience spans the continental U.S. in roles from "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" to Arsenic and Old Lace." I hope I can continue to support GCP while I pursue my academic goals at UF.

GCP Girl: Tell me a little about your character.
JL: Oberon is the king of the fairies from William Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream." Exhausted from the escapades of the previous night, his fuse is short. He's confused but inspired by his new surroundings in Hollywood.

GCP Girl: What was your biggest challenge in this show?
JL: As a lead, it's always a challenge to memorize your lines. Luckily, we have a great cast and crew that helped me through the process.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite Shakespearean play?
JL: Personally, I've always been a fan of "The Merchant of Venice." It was my first Shakespearean performance and I learned a lot.

GCP Girl: What do you want people to know about "Shakespeare in Hollywood"?
JL: SIH is a lot of fun. Leave your preconceived notions at the ticket taker, because this show is a riot!

GCP Girl: What is your dream role?
JL: Every chance I get to share a character with an audience is a dream. In fact, my favorite roles are the ones with the fewest lines and I get an opportunity to create the character from scratch.

GCP Girl: What does community theatre mean to you?
JL: Theatre is the greatest story-telling medium we possess. It's live, engaging and exhilarating. More people should experience the thrill of being on stage. The first time you charm a child in "The Wizard of Oz" or touch the heart of an audience in "Yours, Anne," you'll be hooked.

GCP Girl: Tell me something about yourself you'd like everyone to know!
JL: After this show I'm going to start an Overworked Fairies Support Group. ;)

Thanks, Jeremy! It's opening night – break a leg, everyone!!

xo xo GCP Girl

1 comment:

  1. I just saw the show yesterday...oh my what a wonderful play!!! All the actors were phenomenal, but Jeremy is absolutely outstanding! I believe this was better than any I have seen on Broadway...Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete