Thursday, September 3, 2009

"Shakespeare in Hollywood" Cast Profile: Amanda Gunn


Meet newcomer Amanda Gunn, who plays Brooklyn chorus girl-turned-starlet Lydia Lansing in GCP's "Shakespeare in Hollywood"!

GCP Girl: Tell me about your previous theatre experience.
AG: I haven't been involved since high school. I studied during my adolesence at Stagedoor Manor Performing Arts Academy. I was always involved in middle and high school. It runs in the family.

GCP Girl: Tell me a little about your character.
AG: She's a slut. But she means well. Very sassy and street-smart. She knows what people want. Most of all, she knows what SHE wants.

GCP Girl: What was your biggest challenge in this show?
AG: Kissing another man for the first time since marrying my husband.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite Shakespearean play?
AG: "As You Like It."

GCP Girl: What do you want people to know about "Shakespeare in Hollywood"?
AG: It is incredibly witty and hilarious. It incorporates a great deal of 1930's American pop culture, which is actually quite interesting and fun to perform.

GCP Girl: What is your dream role?
AG: Sylvia Fowler in "The Women."

GCP Girl: What does community theatre mean to you?
AG: Having a real passion to perform without judgement. Let's face it, if you wanted money or fame, you'd be one of a million in the city.

GCP Girl: Tell me something about yourself you'd like everyone to know!
AG: It took me over a year to have the guts to audition for a GCP show. I am so glad I finally did. This has been an incredible experience. I've met some incredible people, overcome some major insecurities and most of all laughed harder than i've laughed in a long time. :)

Thanks, Amanda! See you at Preview!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment