Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"Shakespeare in Hollywood" Cast Profile: Jonny Gersten


Jonny Gersten debuts at the GCP as the great Jimmy Cagney in "Shakespeare in Hollywood"...

GCP Girl: Tell me about your previous theatre experience.
JG: Unfortunately I don't get to do shows as much as I would like; that said, I usually try to audition for a play once a year wherever I can! My last performance was in a play titled "Eggshells on my Back," a student-written show put on by the Florida Players at UF over a year ago.

GCP Girl: Tell me a little about your character.
JG: Jimmy did it all! He sang, danced and played a helluva gangster (among other things) throughout a 30+ year career!

GCP Girl: What was your biggest challenge in this show?
JG: My biggest challenge was dealing with the ass head... that, and being on stage with Thomas in that beautiful blonde wig!

GCP Girl: What is your favorite Shakespearean play?
JG: Hamlet.

GCP Girl: What do you want people to know about "Shakespeare in Hollywood"?
JG: The cast is extremely fun/funny backstage!

GCP Girl: What is your dream role?
JG: I'm not sure I have one yet...

GCP Girl: What does community theatre mean to you?
JG: A community theatre provides a place for any/everyone to participate in the production of a play - and having that option is an amazing thing for any community!

GCP Girl: Tell me something about yourself you'd like everyone to know!
JG: Smiling is my favorite.

Thanks, Jonny! Don't miss "Shakespeare in Hollywood" – the second week starts up tonight!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment