Friday, September 11, 2009

"Shakespeare in Hollywood" Cast Profile: Carolyn Caracausa


Carolyn Caracausa returns to the GCP stage as Hollywood personality Louella Parsons...

GCP Girl: Tell me about your previous theatre experience.
CC: I have done over 20 shows at GCP and some in Venezuela, where I lived before Gainesville. I have also costumed several shows here.

GCP Girl: Tell me a little about your character.
CC: Louella Parsons was a famous Hollywood gossip columnist who competed with Hedda Hopper for all the scoops on the stars.

GCP Girl: What was your biggest challenge in this show?
CC: Learning my lines! At my age it gets harder and harder!

GCP Girl: What do you want people to know about "Shakespeare in Hollywood"?
CC: It is a fun show combining some of Shakespeare's wonderful characters with some of Hollywood's true-life personalities.

GCP Girl: What is your dream role?
CC: I have already played my dream role -- I played Mame at the GCP in 1991.

GCP Girl: What does community theatre mean to you?
CC: Community theater is a great place to make new friends who share your love of theatre and give non-professionals a chance to "strut their stuff" in front of an audience. And it gives our local audience a chance to see quality productions at an affordable price.

GCP Girl: Tell me something about yourself you'd like everyone to know!
CC: I love the GCP and all the friends I've made since we moved to Gainesville 21 years ago, and I am so enjoying working in the new theater for the first time. Thank God for the bathrooms in the dressing rooms! :-))

Thanks, Carolyn!!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment