Tuesday, April 7, 2009

"Pippin" Production Team Profile: Lisa Litz


"Pippin" Music Director Lisa Litz takes five from the orchestra pit...

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
LL: I was music director for "Secret Garden," and stage crew for "Hello, Dolly!," and played Mrs. Bedwin in "Oliver," all at GCP. Back in St. Louis: "Jesus Christ Superstar" (ensemble), "Once Upon a Mattress," "Nunsense" (MD/pianist), "Into the Woods" (Cinderella's Sister), "Fiddler On the Roof" (townsperson), "Oklahoma!" (MD), "Brigadoon" (AMD), "Godspell" (MD), "Stage Door" (Madeline), "Godspell" (disciple), and my most controversial role - "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" - in which I played Joseph!!! (all-girl high school).

GCP Girl: What was your favorite role?
LL: Favorite so far - Music Directing at GCP - I LOVE IT!!!

GCP Girl: What do you feel is your area of expertise - singing, acting or dancing?
LL: Singing/Music.

GCP Girl: What does your "Pippin" icon represent?
LL: I don't have one...I wish I did! Along with wishing I had colored hair, fab makeup and glitter!!!

GCP Girl: What do you hope people take away from "Pippin"?
LL: Some of the feathers that rain down on me in the pit! Just joking. I hope people take away any kind of message they can get from "Pippin." It seems to me there are multiple messages people could take, but I also know humans usually only take away a small portion of what they see/hear...good thing there's so much good in "Pippin"!

GCP Girl: What is your dream role?
LL: Hmmm, so many! Aldonza from "Man of La Mancha" - I don't know - I just feel her songs...

GCP Girl: What is your favorite quote?
LL: "If you do what is best for you, it will be, without a doubt, best for all concerned." - Anonymous

GCP Girl: What inspires you?
LL: The synergy that happens between people when they meet each other where they are and multiply their energy.

GCP Girl: Tell me one thing about yourself you would like everyone to know!
LL: I love everyone involved with "Pippin"! You guys are doing great!

Thanks, Lisa! "Pippin" returns tomorrow night for its final four shows!
xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment