Friday, April 3, 2009

"Pippin" Production Team Profile: Ashley McPherson


"Pippin" Vocal Director Ashley McPherson discusses life, love and a "Wicked" fantasy!

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
AM: The most recent show that I was involved with was "Into the Woods" with the Star Center. I played the role of Cinderella. Prior to that I was a chorus member in "Hello, Dolly!" at GCP, Vocal Director for Gainesville High School's production of "Grease," Meg in the Star Center's production of "Little Women," and the Milk Maid in GCP's "Oliver."

GCP Girl: What was your favorite show or role?
AM: My favorite role so far was Cinderella in "Into the Woods." I loved playing alongside my husband, who was Cinderella's Prince. My favorite show so far was "Hello, Dolly!" I loved how close the cast and the production staff got,  and the conversations backstage were the best!

GCP Girl: What do you feel is your area of expertise - singing, acting or dancing?
AM: That's easy - singing! I am not the best dancer, and my acting needs some work, so it has to be singing. I think I have a decent voice and someday I would love to master my belt.

GCP Girl: What does your "Pippin" icon represent?
AM: My icon, or the great one Justin made, represents the production staff. It is an intertwined symbol for all the positions on the production staff, because every aspect of our design created the show you see today.

GCP Girl: What do you hope people take away from "Pippin"?
AM: I hope people who come to see this show get the overall message of how happiness is what you make of it, and that having love and family in one's life is truly special. Also, I hope people enjoy the hard work everyone has put into the show. This production contains so many talented people, and thanks to everyone's efforts, the show is a success!

GCP Girl: What is your dream role?
AM: That's a tough one. I have several. However, if I had to pick only one, it would be Elphaba in "Wicked." I love that character so much because she is someone I can relate to. I struggled, like most people, with the growing up experience, and I love how she overcame all that to be the best person she could be. Also, the love scene between her and Fiyero is just too hot! My dream cast for "Wicked" would have myself playing Elphaba and my husband Scott playing the role of Fiyero. If it never happens at least I can keep dreaming...

GCP Girl: What is your favorite quote?
AM: Don't hate me for mentioning this, Scott, but it would have to be "I love you, Beebee." Let me explain - Beebee is Scott's nickname for me because I love bees, we are "Meant to Bee" together (which is actually engraved inside our wedding rings) and, well, I am his "baby." I love hearing him say this to me each day because, and yes, I know this is incredibly mushy, but it shows how much he loves me and how comfortable we are with each other. I mean really, how many people can you truly baby talk to? ;)

GCP Girl: What inspires you?
AM: My husband, Scott. He is the best person I know, and I try very hard each day to be as good as he is. He challenges me in all aspects of my life and he loves me for just being me - even during all the crazy moments, which happens a lot these days being prego and all. :) I am very excited to become a parent with him because I know our little Amy will be smothered with love from both of us.

GCP Girl: Tell me one thing about yourself you would like everyone to know!
AM: I have a weird fear of going under the water. It is pathetic I know. I have to hold my nose when I go under, or wear those huge snorkeling goggles. It is quite a sight.

Thanks, Ashley!
xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment