Friday, April 3, 2009

"Pippin" Crew Profile: Katie Keena


"Pippin" Stage Manager Katie Keena takes a break from keeping everyone in line backstage...

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
KK: At the GCP, I've been involved with "Music Man," "Beauty and the Beast," "Secret Garden," "Beau Jest," "See How They Run," "Pippin," and "The Crucible"; at SFCC, "Grandma Duck is Dead," "Stars Night Out," and several small dance and jazz shows; and at the Star Center, "Beauty and the Beast," "Once Upon a Mattress," and "Anne of Green Gables."

GCP Girl: What was your favorite show or role?
KK: Of course being the SM for a show is my favorite "role," but I performed as the Queen in "Once Upon a Mattress" and had too much fun playing her.

GCP Girl: What do you feel is your area of expertise in the theatre?
KK: Being bossy and watchful, hence...Stage Manager.

GCP Girl: What does your "Pippin" icon represent?
KK: I didn't have one...but if I did, I'm sure everyone would agree it'd either be a bull whip or a cattle prod.

GCP Girl: What do you hope people take away from "Pippin"?
KK: That it took a lot of work to do this show, and that everyone – actors, production team, and others – worked really hard to create what they see onstage.

GCP Girl: What is your dream role?
KK: To stage manage the Olympics. That would be the most awesome epic thing EVER.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite quote?
KK: "Seize the day." or "That which does not kill us makes us stronger."

GCP Girl: What inspires you?
KK: My friends. They are the most creative and supportive people I know. I love them.

GCP Girl: Tell me one thing about yourself you would like everyone to know!
KK: "Peter Pan" will be one of my last musicals at GCP.

Thanks, Katie! Only six more chances to see "Pippin" before it closes!
xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment