Thursday, April 9, 2009

"Pippin" Production Team Profile: Betty Keena


"Pippin" Costume Designer Betty Keena brings her own vision to the show's unique style!

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows. 
BK: I've worked on "Music Man," "Beauty and the Beast," "The Crucible," and "Secret Garden" at the GCP.

GCP Girl: What was your favorite show? 
BK: My favorite show I've worked on to this point has been "Secret Garden."

GCP Girl: What do you feel is your area of expertise - singing, acting or dancing? 
BK: Certainly not singing, acting or dancing...but I'm pretty good at observing...I know when things are working and when they aren't.

GCP Girl: What does your "Pippin" icon represent? 
BK: If I had one, it would be a needle and thread, of course!

GCP Girl: What do you hope people take away from "Pippin"? 
BK: That "compromise" does not mean "failure"....in fact, it can mean the greatest kind of triumph.

GCP Girl: What is your dream role? 
BK: I'll change this to "My dream play to be involved with," since I wouldn't be qualified for ANY of the best roles I can think of! But my dream show to be involved with ~~GIGI OMG~~the music, the script, the costuming!

GCP Girl: What is your favorite quote? 
BK: At the moment: "You can't have it all."– Katharine Hepburn

GCP Girl: What inspires you? 
BK: Human beings who use their talents to the best of their ability for the happiness or good of others.

GCP Girl: Tell me one thing about yourself you would like everyone to know! 
BK: I prefer to remain a woman of mystery!

Thanks, Betty! Everyone looks great. Hurry and catch "Pippin" for its last three performances!
xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment