Friday, April 10, 2009

"Pippin" Cast Profile: Elizabeth Dean


"Pippin" Player Elizabeth Dean, who also understudied the role of Catherine, looks back on her Gainesville career as graduation looms...

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
ED: At the GCP, I've been in "Jane Eyre," "Oliver!," "Hot Mikado" and "Beauty and the Beast." At the Star Center, I've been in "Little Women," "Once on this Island," and "Seussical," and at UF I was in "Lysistrata."

GCP Girl: What was your favorite show or role?
ED: Well, Jane Eyre was the most challenging role, "Beauty and the Beast" was probably the most fun show-wise, and Jo in "Little Women" has been my favorite part.

GCP Girl: What do you feel is your area of expertise - singing, acting or dancing?
ED: I've always thought of myself as an actress first, although I do sing and dance.

GCP Girl: What does your "Pippin" icon represent?
ED: At a sleep over in (I think it was) 6th grade, my friends and I were designing our own fake tattoos. For some reason, I drew some random symbol that honestly does not mean anything in particular, but for some reason has stuck with me.

GCP Girl: What do you hope people take away from "Pippin"?
ED: I honestly hope they just have A LOT of fun, because it is most definitely fun getting up there and performing it.

GCP Girl: What is your dream role?
ED: I do not know anymore. My dream roles had originally been Belle and Jo, and now I've played them both. I guess now I would like to play them professionally. OOO – or be in "Mamma Mia," because that is such a fun show!

GCP Girl: What is your favorite quote?
ED: There is a quote from "The Princess Diaries" that I love but I cannot remember it, so instead it shall be "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

GCP Girl: What inspires you?
ED: Life.

GCP Girl: Tell me one thing about yourself you would like everyone to know!
ED: I can never express how thankful I am to the GCP community and to basically the theatre scene in Gainesville for all the opportunities they have given me. I have learned so much from
performing here. I love everyone so much and no matter how excited I seem to be leaving... I will miss everyone a great deal!

Thanks, Liz! We will miss you too! Saturday is the last day of "Pippin," so don't miss it!
xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment