Saturday, March 31, 2012

"Thoroughly Modern Millie" cast profile: Zach Kidd

Zach Kidd plays Ching Ho in "Thoroughly Modern Millie"!

GCP Girl: Tell me a bit about your character.
ZK: I am playing Ching Ho. My character is a bit of a romantic, and falls in love at first sight. He is willing to compromise for his family, but when it comes to harming others, he finally shows some backbone.

GCP Girl: Tell me about some of your previous shows.
ZK: My first GCP show was "Rent," and it was an incredible experience. Some of the other shows I have been in were at GHS, where I played the Tin Man in "The Wizard of Oz," and Jesus in "Godspell." Both amazing shows with some of the most amazing people on the planet.

GCP Girl: Why did you audition for "Thoroughly Modern Millie"?
ZK: I auditioned for "Millie" because the show looked like fun. I also had friends auditioning, and that makes everything more fun.

GCP Girl: What is your favorite musical number in the show?
ZK: There are probably two numbers that get stuck in my head all day on certain days. They are "Forget About the Boy" and "They Don't Know." Probably some of the catchiest songs in the whole show.

GCP Girl: Why should people see "Millie"?
ZK: The reason for people to see "Millie" is simply for the fun of the show. It is a fantastic light-hearted story with lots of laughs for the whole family.

GCP Girl: "Thoroughly Modern Millie" is based on a 1960s movie starring Mary Tyler Moore and Julie Andrews. What other movies would you like to see turned into stage musicals?
ZK: Disney's "Hercules," as well as "Across the Universe," "Blazing Saddles," and "O Brother Where Art Thou?"

GCP Girl: For Millie, moving to New York City on her own is a big adventure. What do you dream of doing?
ZK: For me, my dream is to be able to travel the world and visit as many countries as possible.

GCP Girl: What is your dream role?
ZK: My dream role has actually already come true. Who could ask for anything better than being asked to play Jesus?

GCP Girl: Tell me something you'd like everyone to know!
ZK: I would just like everyone to know that I love the GCP and can't wait for the next show!!!

Thanks, Zach! Break a leg tonight!

xo xo GCP Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment